Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-05-WWF-Raw] Chris Benoit vs Al Snow

GSR

I think it’s about a year since I’ve watched any Al Snow in the project.  He’s still doing the head gimmick which feels really passé now.  It sounds like Snow interrupted Mr McMahon in the back over something (Mick Foley is mentioned a fair bit and it’s noted how Snow is a good friend of his) and as a result he’s been given this match with ‘the Crippler’.  JR doesn’t think Snow will last long unless he starts showing some offence.  He must’ve been listening as that’s exactly what he starts to do.  Benoit hurls him through the turnbuckles into the ringpost.  Snow reverses the whip to the opposite corner, sending Benoit chest first into it, and then nails him with a sturdy looking rabbit lariat.  They end up on the outside where ‘the Crippler’ throws Snow into the metal ring steps.  Back in the ring he goes to Irish whip him, however keeps hold of that arm and clubs it with his own.  He continues that method of attack, but as he tries it for a third time Snow slides between his legs and hits an overhead pumphandle.  The crowd are silent for the comeback.  Moonsault.  Snow immediately then lands another, Benoit kicking out of the cover, which Ross can’t quite believe.  As Snow charges him he gets snatched by the arm and taken down into the Crippler Crossface for the submission.

Quite physical and a decent short match that saw Benoit target Snow’s shoulder/arm.  The crowd were dead though, which I’m assuming is due to the fact they knew Snow didn’t have a cat in hells chance of winning.