Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-19-WCW-Nitro] Shannon Moore vs Jamie Noble

GSR

The Cat has announced that there will be a Cruiserweight tag team division with a tournament to decide the winners starting next week, the finals taking place at the Greed PPV.  Well Lance Storm’s Commissionership didn’t last long.  At least with Cat back in charge it should mean we see him wrestle less, which can’t be a bad thing! 

Noble is seconded by Evan Karagias, so presumably they’re going to be one of the teams in the tournament.  Considering how they don’t seem to be on the same page the majority of the time I’m not sure that’s the smartest decision.  A bad looking top rope headscissors by Shannon after Noble had been slow on the climb.  Scott Hudson thinks that Noble & Karagias are one of the favourites for the tournament despite their problems.  I don’t.  Noble with a nice Northern Lights suplex only to run into a big boot.  Twisting corkscrew senton off the top.  Jamie rolls to the floor out the way of the slingshot senton but then gets nailed by a baseball slide dropkick.  Over the top rope tope con hilo.  Karagias’ attempted interference doesn’t pay off and Shannon ends up dropkicking Noble into him.  Whoa, Karagias DDT’s Noble on the apron.  I’m assuming that’s some sot of payback for him accidentally bumping into him just now.  And Hudson thinks these two are favourites?!?  Shannon with the Bottoms Up and the win.  Ooh no, Karagias and Moore are stomping down Noble and dancing together, it’s they who’re the team for the Cruiserweight tournament,  a reunited two thirds of 3 Count, not who we all assumed. 

Disappointing match that felt more about the angle at the end than anything.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-02-19-WCW-Nitro] Shannon Moore vs Jamie Noble