Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-11-25-Beyond Wrestling-Tournament Of Tomorrow] David Starr vs Orange Cassidy

cactus

I'm still not entirely sure where I sit on when it comes to Orange Cassidy. I sometimes think he's too much and then I see a match like this and he completely wins me over. David Starr is playing this one straight and doesn't have time for Cassidy's lazy shtick. Cassidy tries to do his comedy spots and Starr roughhouses him with some seriously stiff shots, turning Cassidy into a blood orange.   Starr belittles Cassidy for not treating wrestling with the respect it deserves, but when Starr fails to replicate Cassidy's famous no hand's kip-up, the tide changes. Starr has just proven that Cassidy is better than Starr at some things. What follows next are some of the most gripping hope spots I've seen in a long time, in an Orange Cassidy match of all places. This isn't as a spot-heavy as you would expect from a Beyond Wrestling match in 2018, but instead it offers you some sublime pro-wrestling storytelling.

★★★★