Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-24-Revolution Pro-Re-start] B-Boy vs Rising Son

GSR

I really don’t like how close to the action the camera is, we’re more on top of the wrestlers here than in that LIWF match from earlier in the month.  The Camera work quickly became real distracting for me, especially when they would be running the ropes and I’d start feeling nauseous as it’s trying to keep up with them.  Most of the match highlights are courtesy of Rising Son with a running flip dive over the top rope to the floor, a handspring elbow, a slingshot senton/standing moonsault combo and a 619; B’s standout stuff being a slingshot sit-out powerbomb and an inverted suplex where he spikes Son on his head.  B-Boy targeted the knee, which Son sold briefly on his comeback before forgetting about it, B then later returning to going after that body part.  Son takes a bump to the outside off a Dragon screw and the ref is out checking to see whether he can continue.  When the ref returns to the ring, maybe going to stop the match, B-Boy attacks him giving him a DDT.  Christ.  I forgot to mention but this is a right smarky crowd with some of their comments.   After dragging Son back into the ring, literally three moves later B is going for a pin only to remember he took out the referee.  Why B why?  Son ends up catching him with a huracanrana for the win, although post-match B gets some more digs in on that knee.

The camera work hindered things for me and could’ve clouded my judgment but I didn’t think much of this at all and B-Boy has never done anything for me even when he was getting some pub in CZW.  I’m pretty sure the Super Dragon & Rising Son tag is actually from March and not this show so I will wait until then to watch that, I just hope by then the camera man has reverted to the floor to shoot.  On a sad note I was shocked to find out a few week back that Rising Son passed away in 2015 at only 33, meaning he would’ve been 19 here and was 18 in what we saw of him last year.  No age at all.