Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-26-WCW-Nitro] Jeff Jarrett vs Dustin Rhodes

GSR

Ric Flair is the special guest referee.  Do I just switch this off now?  Apparently he’s claimed that he’s calling this right down the middle although I won’t be holding my breath.  Jarrett does an amusing Dusty impression before telling Dustin that he’s soon going to be out of here.  Flair’s objectivity looks as though it hasn’t even lasted a minute, but as Jarrett goes to slug Dustin who‘s trapped in the corner, ‘the Boss’ hooks his arm to prevent him from doing so.  Considering moments earlier he had done the same to Dustin when ‘Double J’ was boxed in, maybe, just maybe...nah.  Dustin throws Jarrett to the floor, mounting him on the ramp and unleashing a barrage of punches, out to get some revenge for the way he humiliated his old man.  They return to the ring where Dustin lands a superplex.  Flair is taking his time to get down to count, then when he does, delays for several additional seconds between each one.  As expected.  Scott Hudson does have a funny line about Flair’s arthritis playing up. Dustin calls it “bullshit” as he and ‘the Boss’ exchange shoves.  It gets worse, Flair pulling down the top rope so Rhodes goes sailing out over it.  Talking of out, that’s what I am.  While Dustin makes Flair pay with a bulldog and Shattered Dreams, it’s a Flair low blow that leads to Jarrett being able to hit the Stroke.  Just as Nitro ends Booker T, the Cat and DDP hit the ring from through the crowd.

If I ever see a heel referee again it will be too soon.