Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-04-14-WWF-Metal] K-Kwik vs Johnny Swinger

GSR

In what must be a first, at least when it comes to the year 2001, Johnny Swinger becomes the first to person to wrestle in ECW, WCW and WWF.  E.Z. Money would’ve joined him but he never even got a look in with the WWF, despite being picked up at WCW’s close.  Kid Kash could possibly achieve the feat too, although I have no idea if he makes an appearance in WWF rings this year.  Kevin Kelly and Tom Prichard acknowledge that Swinger is “no stranger to mat action.”  It’s all K-Kwik until Swinger avoids the clothesline by sliding through Kwik’s legs, boots him in the gut and hits a sit-out swinging neckbreaker.  Running clothesline in the corner.  He stomps him down, but when he turns his back on him, Kwik flips himself up to the top turnbuckle and lands a sloppy looking missile dropkick.  Both to their feet at the same time, Kwik blocking Swinger’s shots and dropping him with one of his own.  Flying forearm.  The finish follows courtesy of a sit-out front suplex which I think Kelly calls the Hat Rack Crack.  That’s a shockingly bad name for a move if I heard correct!

With the huge influx of recent talent there’s really no place for Johnny Swinger in the WWF.  Not that he was helped having to work with Kwik, but if this was a try-out for him you can see why he wasn’t called back.