Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-06-19-WWF-Raw Dark] Christopher Daniels vs Scoot Andrews

GSR

No sound on this match for me, which was uploaded to YouTube by Scoot Andrews himself.  This looks to be raw footage as there is a clock counter running at the bottom of the screen.  Not sure why these two are doing a “tryout match” considering how WWF has used both as enhancement talent in the past and are clearly very well aware of them.  Things start out slow as they do some basic wrestling working around a wristlock and a side headlock.  Scoot ducks out the way of the Lionsault, however Daniels is able to readjust in mid-air and land on his feet.  He mockingly claps Scoot, offers him his hand, but as he is about to accept, slaps him around the face.  After ‘the BNB’ telegraphs the backdrop Daniels thinks about the Rude Awakening neckbreaker, only to change his mind and elbow him across the bridge of the nose instead.  A great counter to the running bulldog out the corner, Scoot flooring Daniel with a clothesline as he sets off.  He can’t capitalise though and a leg lariat wipes him out.  Whoa, version of the Japanese Ocean Cylone suplex!!!  I would’ve loved to hear the crowd’s reaction to that.  Daniels goes to the top but is caught by a handstand headscissors.  Spinebuster for a near fall.  Scoot tries his luck upstairs, similarly though he too is caught then slammed to the mat.  He kicks out of the BME, much to Daniels’ annoyance.  Daniels berates the official over his count, however when he turns around he walks into what I can best describe as an inverted Rock Bottom that give ‘the BNB’ the win.

A solid match, one where I definitely got the impression that they were probably told to not go all out and overshadow what is coming up later in the show mind.  If you compare this to Daniels’ match against Michael Modest on Nitro though, it’s like night and day.