Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-01-11-CMLL] Black Tiger & Tarzan Boy & Ultimo Guerrero vs Brazo de Plata & Negro Casas & Shocker

ohtani's jacket

So Shocker is either a tecnico now or on his way to becoming one. (I can never keep up with how this sort of thing works.) This starts off as a holdover from the Porky vs. Tarzan Boy feud, then transitions into Shocker vs. Tarzan Boy. It will be interesting to see how good Shocker is as a tecnico. I thought he was easily one of the top five rudos in Mexico and arguably the most exciting given how fresh he was. I liked the match Shocker and Tarzan Boy had when Tarzan Boy was still finding his way as tecnico, and I liked their work in this match as well. Barring any bullshit, they could conceivably have a very good match. This was a fairly standard match, but it had several storylines going on at the same time and some nice interactions like Casas vs. Ultimo Guerrero. I was glad to see Casas still pissed at Black Tiger over what he did to Felino. Continuity! Black Tiger has been a maniac during this run. He wants to hurt every opponent he faces. I love it. The usual bullshit to finish, but a fun match all the same. And a pretty great episode.