Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-02-08-CMLL] Black Warrior & Atlantis & Mr Niebla vs Dr Wagner & Blue Panther & Black Tiger

ohtani's jacket

This was a decent match albeit, shorter than I would have liked. The rudos punked Black Warrior at the beginning, which naturally Black Tiger relished. I don't think there was anyone better at beating up tecnicos at this point in time. Atlantis appeared to injure himself in the early going, which led to some awkward exchanges, but it must have been a stinger as he came firing back in the second caida. He had some fantastic exchanges in this match. I'll never tire of watching him going at it with Blue Panther, and he had some awesome sequences with Wagner and Tiger as well. This is what makes Atlantis so good, but it's also the reason why he's so underrated. Most folks are never going to see this awesome performance he had in a run-of-the-mill weekly TV match. He had so many performances like this that frankly he may be the best tecnico trios worker ever. The tecnicos stormed back in this match, and the shot we were left with was Wagner with his mask ripped open, looking nonplussed. The only problem with the match was that both Atlantis and Niebla came across as better tecnicos than Black Warrior. Warrior has always been a good number three guy in a trio. I have my doubts about whether he can be the lead guy, especially against a guy who craves the limelight as much as Wagner.