Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-04-05-CMLL] Black Tiger & El Puma Inoue & Shibata vs Shocker & Mr Niebla & Hijo de Lizmark

ohtani's jacket

Black Tiger is back. Haven't seen him in a while. This was billed as CMLL vs. New Japan. I'm not sure which is worse, Japanese guys trying to do lucha triple-team spots or the posing they do afterward. I was kind of hoping that Shibata would do some shoot style stuff, but actually, the match was much better when the Japanese guys did their regular spots instead of trying to play at lucha. This was better than the first match with Takemura. I was at least a little bit interested in seeing Shibata in CMLL since he's a guy whose work I've liked in the past. He was over-emoting the entire time, but he had some fun exchanges with Niebla. I thought Shocker would be slightly better against the Japanese guys with all of his experience working the Super Juniors, but he didn't shine. I really expected Shocker to be my lucha WOTY for 2002, but aside from one or two matches, he hasn't impressed.