Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-05-03-CMLL] Black Tiger & Fuerza Guerrera & Masada & Takemura vs Black Warrior & Mr Niebla & Hijo de Lizmark & Shocker

ohtani's jacket

This was a good match. The finish was screwy, but it was a running theme throughout the match so it wasn't a surprise. The bulk of the work was strong. I was especially pleased with how involved Fuerza was, and the fact that he didn't look washed. You don't really get those amazing Fuerza moments at this stage of his career, though there were some fun stooging moments with Lizmark Jr. Shocker has dyed his hair the same pinkish color as Mascara Magica and his workrate has improved tremendously. This was a good outing from Shocker. He's struggled to be The Man in CMLL, but you can tell that it's there brimming under the surface. He just needs to bring it out on a regular basis. It just goes to show that we take for granted guys who bring that superstar presence to every match. I've gotta say, the Black Tiger gimmick isn't something I'd ordinarily enjoy, but I've really liked Silver King's work during this run. Successful multi-man matches usually leave me salivating for a singles match, and this time it was Tiger vs. Shocker.