Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-05-10-CMLL] Dr Wagner Jr & Negro Casas & Shocker vs Tarzan Boy & Masada & Takemura

ohtani's jacket

Wagner, Casas & Shocker is a hell of a trio. They could have easily overpowered the 'Japon' trio here, but credit where credit's due, I was actually impressed with how well the Japon team did. My first thought was that Tarzan Boy wasn't good enough to hold up his end of the stick like Black Tiger had been doing, but he was good here. Not only that, but the Japanese lions were perfectly good foils. They kept up with everything the superstar luchadores were trying to do and their timing was on point. This turned into a pretty exciting match with the Mexico trio trying to outdo each other with every exchange. If Shocker keeps up this form, he'll take out the 2002 Lucha WOTY without question. The match broke down into a huge pier six with all of the Japanese rookies brawling with the CMLL locker room, but even that felt fresh and something you don't see every episode. The Japanese rookies were really good at mugging and acting tough just like a Japanese high school gang. I guess this tour is better than I expected.