Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-05-17-CMLL] Shocker & Mascara Magica & Satanico vs Blue Panther & Masada & Takemura

ohtani's jacket

This began with a contract signing for a hair vs. hair match and turned into an excellent match. Easily one of the best lead-in matches to an apuestas match that CMLL has ran since probably the big cage match at the end of 2001. Blue Panther was on hand to expertly guide the Japanese guys through the match, but I'm gonna eat my words here -- I talked shit about the Japanese guys touring Mexico, which was something I didn't wanna see at all, but these guys have taken to lucha like Fuchi and Onita took to Memphis. I am super excited for the hair match, which I hope doesn't lead to huge disappointment. Shocker is starting to stake his claim for 2000 Lucha WOTY. He's really begun flexing his working chops the past few weeks. If he keeps this up, there's no stopping him. Magica is doing okay in his role too, and like I said, the Japanese guys get it without having to play sneaky, stereotypical Japanese heel roles. And as an added bonus, we get a little Satanico vs. Panther,  which is like two galaxies colliding. I'm amped.