Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-08-31-AEW-All Out] The Young Bucks vs Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix (Ladder)

cactus

I love a good spotfest (I still think the first two TLC matches are two of the best ever matches in WWE history), but this left a lot to be desired. For every awe-inspiring high spot that went off without a hitch, there would be another spot with obvious cooperation that watered down the entire spectacle. Parts of this had me feeling like Jim Cornette, but they managed to wow me back into the room with spots like that incredible Canadian Destroyer from the ladder through the table. The final five minutes had some decent drama at least. Pentagon Jr. getting demasked when he nearly had the match won was a nice spot that I haven't seen in a ladder match before. Everything they did here clearly worked for the crowd and you can get a lot of this if you simply turn your mind off for 25 minutes, but I can't help but think how much this match would have been improved if they simply cut a few of the blown spots and trimmed off 5 minutes or so. ★★★¼