Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-10-18-4FW/Michinoku Pro UK Tour - Day 1] Ultimo Dragon & El Ligero vs Michael Elgin & Bubblegum

cactus

This features a lot of comedy wrestling mixed with some fun juniors action. Bubblegum, who has the gimmick of a chickenshit council estate yob, provided most of the comedy and he really shone in this match. After Bubblegum, Elgin impressed me the most by doing some impressive power spots and working surprisingly well as the straight man to Bubblegum's comedy act. Dragon didn't get too involved with the comedy, but his broken English delivery of telling Bubblegum to go fuck himself really tickled me as I didn't expect that on a family-friendly show. Dragon didn't do anything too physical, as he only comes in to get some shine and to get the decisive fall. Ligero was just here to deliver the work rate for his team, and his sequences with Bubblegum showed that these two had great chemistry together. This was a lot of fun as it gave guys like Elgin and Dragon to work in an environment that they were not used to.   ★★★¼

• cactus changed the title to [2013-10-18-4FW/Michinoku Pro UK Tour - Day 1] Ultimo Dragon & El Ligero vs Michael Elgin & Bubblegum