Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-07-12-CMLL] Vampiro Canadiense & Hijo de Lizmark & Mr Niebla vs Halloween & Damian 666 & Nicho el Millonario

ohtani's jacket

This wasn't the follow up match you'd hope for after last week's title match, but Halloween and Damian deserved another main event. Halloween was really entertaining, grabbing the mic from the ring announcer and doing his trio's own intros, eating a nasty super kick from Lizmark, and taking a bump into the open arms of a ringside fan. It was a pretty shitty tecnico team, but the rudos made the most of it, and I enjoyed the one-on-one confrontations in the tercera. Vampiro was awful, of course. He came to the ring dressed like Biker Taker and looked spaced out. He's all over the match listings for the rest of the year. I'm not gonna jump the gun yet because of how quick I've been to dismiss the Japanese workers and La Familia de Tijuana, but I'm not super excited about this development especially since he pairs up with Shocker a lot, who had a perfectly good partner in Magica.