Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-09-27-CMLL] Damian 666 & Halloween & Nicho el Millonario vs Satanico & Averno & Mephisto

ohtani's jacket

Finally, a showcase match for Satanico in 2002, and a very good one! For some reason, the Infernales have been a bit of an afterthought since the cage match. They had a program with the Villanos that was cut to shreds on TV, but now Satanico is back in the limelight. This trios is the catalyst for a singles feud between Satanico and Damian 666. Maybe not the feud I would have booked, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first chapter. Satanico brought his working boots to the bout, and La Familia Tijuana have proven to be a polished act in CMLL, so you better believe the work was tight. I bit so hard on the false finish at the end. They got me good with that one. I'm not going to set my hopes too high for the singles stuff since we've seen this trend all year of exciting trios matches leading to average singles matches (in fact, bizarrely, 2 on 2 tag matches have probably been more rewarding in '02.) I loved the set-up, though.