Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-11-29-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Negro Casas & Ultimo Guerrero vs Blue Demon Jr & Dr Wagner Jr & Satanico (Relevos Increibles)

ohtani's jacket

We get a return match. The rudos are more focused on beating Santo up than in the previous week's match. Demon does some good stuff in this match, but he's just so wooden, especially compared to Santo. If you remember, Santo started a program with Ultimo Guerrero right before he left. I haven't forgotten, and I doubt the Arena Mexico faithful have either. Speaking of things we'd rather see, this match reminded me that a full blown Satanico vs. Casas feud would have ruled (even in '02), Wagner vs. Ultimo was a match-up with major potential if one of them ever turned rudo, and the awesome Wagner vs. Casas sequence in the tercera reminded me of the lamentations that their headline work in '00 didn't air because of the Olympics. In other words, everyone else was more interesting than Santo vs. Demon. Santo did lead a pretty cool "mascara" chant at the end, though, after laying down the challenge for a mask vs. mask match.