Pro Wrestling Only

[1971-09-04-JWA] Giant Baba vs Fritz Von Erich

Superstar Sleeze

NWA International Heavyweight Champion Giant Baba vs Fritz Von Erich - JWA 9/4/71

I loved their 1966 classic! This is only my third Fritz Von Erich match and he is already my third favorite Von Erich, the dude totally rules! He calls Baba crazy mid-match, he sells Baba holding his hands high, looming above his head, he hits really fucking hard. Fritz rules!

First Fall: The Drama of the IRON CLAW~! I dont understand people who dont love a well-worked Claw. This was fantastic! Everything was about the Claw. Fritz tried his damndest to get the Claw applied. He tried crowding in the corner and on the mat. I love his punt kicks! His body shots and clubbing forearms just CRACKED! Baba resisting with all his might the Power of the CLAW~! was high drama! It was like the best possible action movie shit to happen in a pro wrestling match. Then Fritz settles for the Stomach Claw when he cant get it on the head. I love it! They get into a RED HOT strike exchange! The sounds of flesh on flesh! HELL YEAH! Baba hits two big dropkicks and a ton of Giant Chops to pick up the first fall. These two have killer chemistry with each other. 

Second Fall: What a terrific fall! Baba tries to press his advantage by crowding in the corner but it backfires as Fritz unleashes hell with these close-quartered punches that look nasty as hell. FRITZ GETS THE CLAW IN THE CORNER! Baba slips free to the floor. Fritz does some trash talking and lets Baba know he is in his head. Baba responds with a top wristlock. Fritz cracks him with a slap. Fritz counters into a Stomach Claw and Baba cracks back! This is awesome! GIANT CHOP! DROPKICK MISSES! IRON CLAW~! THAT IS BLOOD! OH MY GOD! THE STARS ARE ALL FALLING FROM THE HEAVENS! THIS MATCH RULES! Fritz ties it up. I love pro wrestling. 

Third Fall: Fritz runs over and PUNTS BABA! IRON CLAW! Baba makes the ropes. Fritz drives his Claw hand into the mat! BABA BITES THE CLAW HAND! BABA WONT LET GO OF THE CLAW HAND! THIS IS KILLER! Baba goes full psycho trying to shatter the hand! Fritz reapplies the Claw in the ropes but wont break and the ref calls for the DQ! FUCK! Cant believe we got that lame ass finish. Fritz is just as pissed as me and is going to take it out on the ref when Inoki comes in and wallops him. OH MY GOD INOKI VS FRITZ! Sign me up! Yes please! Did a quick google search, Wrestling Gods why do you tease me so?

This match fucking ruled! Both these guys crushed it! Terrific pro wrestling! ****1/2