Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-02-12-WWE-Smackdown] CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Chess Knight

I still love this so much. I don't know whether it qualifies as a "sprint" but with the amount they crammed into the time they had, and how quickly they moved from moment-to-moment (e.g. Rey on bottom usually lasts a lot longer than this), I wouldn't think it's a stretch to say it is one. I honestly don't remember a more compelling heel Punk match than this one, just for how tenacious he is beelining for any opportunity to smash Rey to bits. Once that barricade backdrop hits (a spot that's been burned in my memory since I saw this in 2010) he takes no chances in unleashing, smashing Rey with a clothesline on the outside, dropping him a vicious backbreaker, shoving him off of the ropes, trying to keep the match grounded with holds. He throws in some talk too because of course he does. "I CAN SAVE YOU!" Like I said Rey on bottom doesn't last very long but that I think makes it more unpredictable because it's out of the norm for him to start dodging around this successfully, this early. Absolutely loved how they managed to integrate Gallows and Deeb at the end without having them just sloppily run in and ruin the match, too. From what I remember I thought this was actually better than any of their PPV matches back when, but I will watch those again. I'd be a-ok with this being the best though because it is indeed the fuckin best. I might call it a top ten SmackDown match.