Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Jimmy Rave

fxnj

What the hell people. WWE TV everybody hates is worth a thread every week but someone's death isn't?

Has to be up there for most underrated indy performers of the last 20 years. Great mechanic who never really got his due. Best known for his stuff in ROH, but he actually seemed to develop his game quite a bit after leaving ROH. Here's a pretty cool wargames with him that surfaced recently.

Thanks for posting this. I agree with your assessment of Jimmy. His work in FIP from the mid 2000's is a fine example of his talent. I'd recommend he & Shingo vs Jack Evan & Roderick Strong or Jimmy Rave & Fast Eddie vs Brian Kendrick & Sal Rinauro. Rave was one of the few that I can think in the 2000s that didn't mind playing a chicken shit heel. He could stooge and cheat but when it called for it, he could keep up with the faces. He never tried to outshine them and always had great timing for when to revert back to cheating or running away :) He's the glue to so many tag matches especially for this reason. This is another bummer for 2021.