Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-28-WWF] Randy Savage vs Razor Ramon

Superstar Sleeze

Randy Savage vs Razor Ramon - WWF 10/28/92

Looks like this was a dark match during a Challenge/Prime Time Wrestling taping. Was this released on Coliseum? Anything before the 1-2-3 Kid angle, I really dont know much about Razor. He was pushed really strong in retrospect. Immediately feuding with the Macho Man, who was the top babyface, programed as Flair's buddy and then a World Championship match against Bret in January. That is impressive. Excellent gimmick and presence and a very fresh face.

I figured with this not being televised we get the 90s Randy Savage babyface formula, which we did, but there were enough wrinkles here to keep it entertaining. Savage did get a shine, which is nice as I thought we might go straight to heat. Savage rifles back with some of his signature jabs early. I missed Savage, always a joy to watch an unseen match of his. He does some classic "I was once a heel moves, but now I am doing them against a heel" which I love because fighting dirty against a heel is always great. Great eyepoke by Hall to set up the knee attack. I assume this based off the Flair/Savage switch where Savage's knee was injured. It is Randy Savage selling the knee for all its worth, once it is not love. On that we get more hope spots than normal from Savage in this role. Savage hopping around, eating legsweeps and popping right back for more was fucking awesome. The first Savage comeback with the jabs was great. Then Razor cuts off only for Savage to shove him out. Kicks some ass on the outside. Are we going to get the big elbow, no? Double axehandle to the outside! Savage hurt his knee again. Double Countout, methinks? Ahhhh Razor gets back in but not Savage. Razor continues attacking the knee for more heat and legdrop. Oh I forgot to say I think the cutoff was Razor did an excellent drop toehold into a Calf Slicer! Hell Yeah! This was a very fun Savage babyface formula match. ***