Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-07-27-WWE-Vengeance] Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit

ohtani's jacket

This was really good up until the bullshit finishing stretch that reduced it to "just another match." I loved how they built the match from the crowd up, and worked at a slow, methodical pace, instead of giving the crowd the video game wrestling it wanted. There was a real old-school build to this that was comforting for an old fuck like me. When they did hit their signature stuff, they got nice pops. Then the malarkey began. The first part was "Cheat to Win" Latino Heat stuff, which is okay I guess. At least they went a beat or two beyond Eddie simply winning by hitting Benoit with the belt. It seemed like we might get a decent finish after all and then Rhino showed up and turned on Benoit. Not only is the wrestling like a video game, but the booking too. I swear it's like season mode on WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain. If there's a reason why they don't talk about this one, it's probably because of the crap at the end. The one positive from the match is that Eddie continued to look strong.