Pro Wrestling Only

[2022-03-23-CAPTURE International] Naoya Nomura & Super Crafter U vs Kosuke Sato & Rikiya Fudo

corwo

I’m only familiar with Sato, one of my favorite prospects in BJW, and Nomura, who defected from AJPW not long ago. Crafter is a masked wrestler who, as far as I can tell, is a CAPTURE trainee. Meanwhile, Fudo is an utter tank of a man. Crafter and Nomura get into a brief spat before the bell over who will start the match, but the former prevails.

Crafter has all kinds of flashy tricks in his arsenal, including a jumping spin kick. Sato’s feistiness is on full display as he kicks at Crafter as he’s showboating for the crowd. Sato found himself on the wrong end of a sleeper and used his team’s first escape. Crafter tries to get fancy with a dropkick, and Sato simply sidesteps him. There’s nothing like a well-placed kick to the gut from Crafter to get Sato to break a hold. Wholesale tags to Nomura and Fudo follow, and the elbow strikes start flying. Nomura charges in with a spear, and it barely moves Fudo. Realizing his slam will only keep Nomura down for 9, Fudo decides to start clubbing Naoya in the face. Nomura lands a second spear and immediately transitions into a sleeper to pick up the first fall.

Crafter comes in hot, but Fudo charges him with a shoulder tackle that knocks him loopy, allowing Fudo and Sato to pick up the second fall. At this point, it feels like any move can end the match.

The match continues with a flurry of dropkicks from Sato to Crafter, with Kosuke showing more aggression. I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but if BJW can tap into that side of Kosuke, they could have a star on their hands. Nomura tried to spear Fudo again but caught with one of the darndest lariats I’ve seen in a minute. Sato came back in and got into a slap fight with Nomura. Nomura got caught in a sleeper, but Crafter broke the hold. Still, Sato wouldn’t relent, but he got hit with a Brainbuster, and Nomura locked in a modified chokehold for the win. Fudo was livid and went after Nomura post-match, with the two having to be separated.

This is one of those “blink-and-you’ll-miss-it” type matches with so much cool stuff going on at all times. You had Crafter’s showy mat work, Nomura trying to spear the tar out of Fudo and Fudo barely budging, and Sato trying to prove his worth against the veterans of the scene. The falls could’ve easily felt rushed, with the whole match clocking in at just over ten minutes, but it was structured so well that it didn’t matter. Strongly recommend checking this out.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2022-03-23-CAPTURE International] Naoya Nomura & Super Crafter U vs Kosuke Sato & Rikiya Fudo