Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-04-25-CMLL] Dr Wagner Jr & Universo 2000 & Black Warrior vs Atlantis & Mr Niebla & Hijo de Lizmark

ohtani's jacket

This was a decent bit of weekly TV. If you were hoping to see plenty of Atlantis vs. Wagner, you got your money's worth. I actually thought  it was the best Wagner/Atlantis stuff we've seen in a while. There was some showboating from Wagner, but it was mostly good old-fashioned action. Quemonito made the mistake of getting involved here when he did an apron dive onto a prone Warrior. The rudos paid him back by beating the shit out of him with Warrior holding him upside down by the ankle and making suggestive poses. I'm not sure if it was the first time rudos had beaten Quemonito up, but it's the first time I can remember seeing it. Lizmark even gave him a little bit of CPR, which I thought was weird. A couple of other things that stood out where Warrior absolutely decapitating Niebla with a slingshot guillotine leg drop onto the ramp, and Lizmark having some rapid-fire exchanges with Universo. What has Thin Lizzy been drinking? I always say that if you watch enough of a wrestler, you build up a tolerance to them, but even Lizmark Jr? I must be growing soft in my old age.