Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-05-09-CMLL] Dr. Wagner Jr & Shocker & Negro Casas & Averno & Mephisto & Virus & Felino & Blue Panther vs Ultimo Dragon & CIMA & SUWA & Don Fuji & TARU & Nosawa & Masada & Takemura (16 Man Grand Prix Cibernetico)

ohtani's jacket

This was an interesting way to continue the build-up to the hair match -- by having a Japon vs. Mexico cibernetico. The match is a bit choppy. I'm not sure if that's because of cuts or the video quality. I also had some trouble identifying the Toryumon guys since it's been an age since I watched them. The match was a decent distraction that never really settled into a groove. Shocker caused a bunch of trouble. Casas and Masada wound up being disqualified for reasons I couldn't quite ascertain. Wagner played hero for the night, and it was clear that he could turn face anytime the promotion felt like it. He's a showboater, but there's no denying his charisma and its gravitational pull. The standout on the Japanese side was probably Takemura. It's a shame he's not in the hair match instead of Masada. All eyes are on next week. Can Satanico and Casas pull a rabbit out of the hat?