Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-05-16-CMLL] Satanico & Negro Casas vs Nosawa & Masada (Hair vs Hair)

ohtani's jacket

And here we go, the match everybody's been waiting for. I liked the entrances for this. It was nothing like a traditional apuestas match. In fact, it was pretty much worked like a regular tag match. Still, there was a lot to like. The crowd was super into it because it was Mexico vs Japon. The fans in the tecnico section kept holding up their babies for everyone to see. I dunno if exposing your infant to that sort of noise is the wisest choice, but God bless 'em. It wasn't a vintage performance from either Satanico or Casas, and not something you'd use as evidence that Satanico was still a smart worker in '03 or that Casas was on fire for this little mini feud. But, if you were going to choose two dudes to represent Mexico then you could do a lot worse than Satanico and Casas. I liked that the continued the heat between Casas and Masada, and I also liked that there was a callback to Nosawa tying Satanico's leg to the ropes, which was what started this blood feud in the first place. It would have been nice if they'd been given more time, though it's always hard to tell how much gets cut in the edit. The work was tight, and I didn't have any complaints about it. Masada fouled the barber, which I don't think I've seen before. Casas wound up cutting his hair and screaming in his face. Chalk up another one for the good guys.