Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-08-15-CMLL] Shocker & Mascara Magica & El Terrible vs Tarzan Boy & Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero

ohtani's jacket

Given the short turnaround time on this Tarzan Boy/Shocker feud, and the confusion over whether Shocker is a tecnico, rudo, a rudo that gets cheered, or just guapo, I thought this was a good match. This wasn't a lot of focus on Tarzan Boy and Shocker until the end where they brawled a couple of times. Instead, the focus was on the other guys, which was actually kind of fun. Especially, Ultimo vs. Magica. I'm a big fan of Magica as a Guapo, but he didn't get many chances to shine after they began pairing Shocker with Vampiro. Here, he held his own against Ultimo, and it was cool to watch. Terrible looked better than he has in any of his previous Guapos matches. I'm not sure if that's because he's growing into the role or because the Guerreros are the best foils in lucha, but he also held his own. There was another screwy finish, which led to the apuestas challenge. Screwy finishes are the greatest reason to have a hair match, but at least Shocker and Tarzan Boy have good chemistry. Hopefully, they get enough time to work a compelling match. 

• ohtani's jacket changed the title to [2003-08-15-CMLL] Shocker & Mascara Magica & El Terrible vs Tarzan Boy & Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero