Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-12-28-LLA] Super Park vs L.A. Park

ohtani's jacket

This was really good. I've never had a strong opinion on Super Parka one way or the other, but he was fantastic here, stalking Park in the early going and beating on him relentlessly. The match was clipped, which hurt the ebb and flow a bit, but you got the general idea of Super Parka's dominance and Park's failed comeback in the primera caida. Parka was great at jawing with the fans, which helped punctuate the action. Park eventually made a comeback, and there was some great back and forth action once he'd leveled the scores. The match had a pretty high ceiling at that point, and I thought it might end up being one of the better lucha matches of the year, but then they burst my bubble a bit by having a bunch of bullshit go down with the refs and Park's second showing up all of a sudden in the tercera caida. It was all very WWE, and completely unnecessary,  but it didn't ruin the match completely. It was still a kickass performance from Super Parka and a better match than I expected on paper. So cheers to that.