Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-08-29-CMLL] Atlantis & Rayo de Jalisco Jr & Vampiro Canadiense vs Shocker & Dr Wagner Jr & Terrible

ohtani's jacket

This was a decent match while it lasted. I was perversely fascinated by Vampiro vs Terrible just as I'm perversely fascinated by most things Vampiro does. I really enjoyed Atlantis' performance in this match. You can't really point to anything special Atlantis did in 2003, but he was excellent in every match I saw him in, and as ever, he was the glue in each and every trios match. They teased us with some Atlantis vs. Wagner, but this wasn't a match where any of the individual pairings erupted. In fact, it finished with Wagner shoving El Terrible after the bell, and Wagner and Shocker squaring off to the delight of the crowd. Then the GdI jumped Shocker and held him in a Christ pose as Tarzan Boy cut a promo on him. I dunno how good the promo was, but the angle was flat. I dunno why they never do an angle where the rudo cuts off a few locks of the tecnico's hair before the apuesta match. That would make such a cool visual.