Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-09-19-CMLL-70th Anniversary Show] Rocky Romero & Bobby Quance & TJ Perkins vs Ricky Marvin & Virus & Volador Jr

ohtani's jacket

This was another solid bout from this crew. I can't keep track of what the Sol Cal guys were calling themselves in Mexico, so I just used their regular names. Collectively, CMLL referred to them as the Havana Brothers. You can read about the confusion over the names here -- http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Havana_Pitbulls -- which also explains why the announcers were constantly referring to "Ricky Romero." I guess, they were technically Rocky Romero, Rocko and Puma, but the announcers didn't appear to have a clue and didn't seem to mention either Quance or Perkins by name. But enough about all that. These guys were a breath of fresh air in CMLL at the time, and Virus vs Bobby Quance was a thing of beauty. When I first saw Quance's APW stuff, I had no idea he'd turn into a credible opponent for one of my all-time favorite wrestlers. I don't think Quance wrestles anymore, but there's a feather in your cap. You can also see Volador growing through this experience as well. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he slowly made his way up the tecnico ranks throughout the rest of the decade.