Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-09-19-CMLL-70th Anniversary Show] El Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Negro Casas vs Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero

ohtani's jacket

This was disappointing, which I suppose is why I've never heard anyone talk about it before. Usually in these Casas vs. GdI matches, you can rely on Casas to have some awesome exchanges with the Guerreros, but aside from a few slaps, he was mediocre, just as he has been all year. Perro Jr brought a fair amount of energy, but he was a rookie as far as big time Arena Mexico matches go. The match was poorly structured, and I thought the workers were hurt by having the match thrown together at the last moment. Casas and Perro had zero chemistry together, and while the standoff between Ultimo and Perro was something new, they clearly didn't have a ton of experience working together. Worst of all was the finish. The match finished with some rudo BS. It didn't ruin a classic, but do the constant schmoz finishes make the GdI a better rudo team? They succeeded in pissing me off, but I don't know if it was a positive thing.