Pro Wrestling Only

[2003-09-19-CMLL-70th Anniversary Show] Shocker vs Tarzan Boy (Hair vs Hair)

ohtani's jacket

This was shorter than I would have liked, but it wasn't helped by the director going nuts with the crowd shots and the extra handheld camera option. There were some poor edits in this match that took away from the drama of the bout. The in-ring work was the focused action you expect from a Shocker match. I loved the finishes to the first two falls. Tarzan Boy crucifixing the arm during the pinfall, and Shocker flinging Tarzan Boy to the mat after the Gori Special were great slow-motion replay moves. The tercera was almost perfect. If they'd just continued for a few more beats and given Tarzan Boy a couple of nearfalls, I would have been a lot higher on the match. Tarzan Boy cutting off Shocker's plancha with a forearm was brilliant. It's too bad they didn't let him control the finishing stretch afterward. It was still a satisfying bout, and Tarzan Boy looked unreal with a clean shaven head, but I have to be honest: I enjoyed the spectacle of Shocker vs. Vampiro more.