Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-02-16-WWE-RAW] Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels

ohtani's jacket

Chris Benoit has gone from feuding with A-Train to being in the world title picture on RAW. On paper, this seems like a dream match, but ham actor Michaels is more suited to working with guys like Chris Jericho at this point in his comeback than Chris Benoit. That said, I can imagine Benoit looking for ways to improve on this the next time they lock up similar to how he solved the Angle puzzle. For some reason, they don't play up the Bret vs. Shawn history. You can bet that would be a talking point in modern day WWE. Instead, there's a bunch of bullshit with Triple H, Bischoff and Austin that I could give two shits about. I can't remember how this was received at the time, but I'm sure it was a mix of excitement/trepidation about Benoit being included in the main event and love/distain for the continued Michaels comeback. I suppose there may have been some hatred towards the Triple H title reign and annoyance at the General Manager crap. My memories from this time period are that everyone hated RAW and that Triple H vs Shawn had sucked the life out of the title picture  Correct me if I'm wrong.