Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-04-12-WWE-RAW] Chris Benoit & Shawn Michaels & Mick Foley & Shelton Benjamin vs Triple H & Ric Flair & Randy Orton & Batista

ohtani's jacket

This was a hot 8-man tag featuring all the guys working against each other on Sunday's Backlash show. It was the kind of match you figure the WWE could roll out on every go-home show, but don't. Somehow RAW has become the most exciting thing in wrestling. I don't know if that was the reaction at the time, but business has definitely picked up as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea that Evolution were so entertaining. I always figured Triple H was stroking his ego by having some weak ass version of the Horsemen follow him around, but they're actually a pretty cool stable. I was really surprised by Flair. I expected him to be awful, but he was great in his role. He mostly threw chops and got beat up, but it was really solid veteran heel work and honestly a credit to him considering how hard it must be to accept that sort of role after being The Man for so many years. I'm sure he was doing some batshit insane things in his private life, but credit to him as an in ring performer. The segment ended with a lame Mexican standoff shot between Michaels, Hunter and Benoit that was almost comedic in its timing, but it was still a hot as TV match.