Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-06-27-WWE-Great American Bash] Eddie Guerrero vs JBL (Bullrope Match]

ohtani's jacket

Eddie Guerrero defends the WWE Heavyweight Title

I'm surprised that this doesn't have a thread yet. 

Great match, and a great feud. Easily the best feud of the year to date. It's mindboggling that this feud didn't crack the top 10 for the Observer Awards. I guess the Observer voters had a hard time accepting JBL in his new role despite the fact that he's amazing at it. Perhaps there was some resentment toward Eddie dropping the belt to Bradshaw. Whatever the case, this has stood the test of time as one of the great feuds in WWE history. The bullrope match isn't exponentially better than the Judgement Day bout. They work better as a one two punch than viewing one as better than the other. Judgement Day is more of a straight brawl whereas the bullrope match is built around the gimmick. The highlights are JBL's bladejob and Eddie's table bumps. Eddie continues to prove that he's arrived in the WWE after those difficult early years, and manages to sell a pretty convoluted finish like he blew it. I'd hate the finish under most circumstances, but Eddie's acting was top notch. Should have been feud of the year.