Pro Wrestling Only

[2008-08-16 WAVE] Kyoko Kimura vs Kana

Mr JMML

I don’t know how to start with this one, I’m not entirely sure of what I just witnessed, it was an unsettling experience to say the least, this might be either the greatest match I’ve ever seen or an incident that happened in a small joshi promotion in 2008. It’s like if Dump Matsumoto went to Battlarts and started shooting on an unsuspecting victim, it’s like a modern version of her 1986 match against Itsuki Yamazaki that made my Greatest Match Ever ballot, the offense is so vicious that I tought for a moment that the match was a shoot because I’ve never seen anything like this before, it’s full of hatred, it’s the most uncooperative match I’ve seen since I saw New Jack vs Gypsy Joe and I’m not sure if that can be considered a match. You have to see it to believe it, when I read the reviews of the match I said to myself: ‘‘They’re exaggerating, it can’t be that bad’’. How wrong I was, it’s stiff and legitimately hard to watch, it’s like Black Terry vs Mr Cóndor, absolute madness from beginning to the very end.

Now let’s take a look at the action, the match started before the bell even rang, Kana went hard at her opponent and Kyoko responded in kind, this back and forth was just the beginning, that pace was going to be maintained during the entirety of the contest. Kimura busted Kana open with one of the most vicious headbutts in the history of wrestling, it landed with such force that I thought she was unconscious but she wasn’t so she fought back, another thing that I wanted to point out is both wrestlers’ desire to hold the submissions as much as possible making the referee’s job a lot harder, the match ended in a no contest so no one was declared the winner.

If you like Dump Matsumoto or shoot-style this is the match for you.