Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-06-13-WWE-Bad Blood] Shawn Michaels vs Triple H (Hell in a Cell)

ohtani's jacket

I’m sure the fans were just dying to see another Shawn Michaels vs Triple H March in 2004. This is billed as the match that will end their rivalry once and for all. JR and the King completely oversell how dangerous the match is. JR goes on a five minute monologue about how satanic the cafe is. There’s a lot of exclaiming about careers being ended and Hell in the Cell participants never being the same afterwards. I kind of hate that Triple H has adopted Hell in the Cell as his own personal gimmick match. If HITC was associated with anyone at this point it ought to be Mick Foley or the Undertaker. Anyway, instead of taking bumps off t(e top of the cage, they break the record for the longest Hell in a Cell match, clocking in at a whopping 47 minutes. If that sounds like literally hell in a cell, it’s not that bad. Triple H spends a lot of time working over Michaels’ surgically repaired back. Shawn introduces a ladder to the match just like he introduced the ladder match to the WWE according to Ross  Somewhere Bret is mumbling something about lumberjacks and coal miners. Both men bleed like stuck pigs I’m keeping with 2004 trends  There are countless my gods and for the love of such and suchs. Again, it’s not bad. I find it ridiculous that Michaels’ super kick is treated like such a death blow. it’s such a shitty looking move and the tune up is ridiculous looking..The match ends up delivering, it’s just a question of do you actually want to see it