Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-07-11-WWE-Vengeance] Triple H vs Chris Benoit

ohtani's jacket

It feels like they’ve been dragging Chris Benoit vs Triple H out for too long, which is a laughable statement given how long they flogged the Shawn Michaels vs Triple H match up, but I think the angle with Eugene is proof that this rivalry is running out of steam. The Eugene stuff is in poor taste if you ask me.  The match isn’t bad. It’s pretty much what you’d expect from Triple H vs Chris Benoit. I have an extremely high tolerance level for Triple H matches, so ymmv, I don’t mind his ponderous technical stuff, and generally find that JR can talk me through those portions of the match. Benoit is Benoit. The problem is that the match up isn’t fresh anymore. Its better than the alternative, I suppose, which was another Kane match, but the Eugene crap at the end takes forever and spoils the bout completely. If there’s a positive it’s that it kept the belt off Triple H, but these guys got shown up big time by the IC bout.