Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-12-29-Pro Wrestling Wallabee- Wallabee Show Down] Ichiro Yaguchi vs Keita Yano

Ma Stump Puller

This is by far the most cursed matchup, Brody Yano vs Ichiro "my best friend is Onita PLEASE book me on your show now" Yaguchi in a 15 minute draw in the middle of nowhere. Yaguchi was dressed like the missing Godwin half-brother and Yano was, well, the usual mess he typically is. The match was not good! Yaguchi can do nothing in these conditions as he's way too immobile to actually wrestle or anything (as I sadly recounted from his terrible showings during the Onita/RJPW feud) so all we get are clubs to the back and/or very limp strikes in general. Yano tries to work around this by playing up the size and mass difference between the two, however outside of Yano doing some cool transitions he can't make this that interesting. It didn't help that Yaguchi at points was just pathetically sitting on the mat for minutes on the mat while the ref counts obnoxiously slow. At a point Keita just socked the dude in the face with a punch almost in frustration of how shit this was looking and then it turned into a weird real shoot-ish fight as the two tried throwing stiff shots and going for the eyes. One would think that this added tension would be interesting, maybe we get a repeat of the Maeda/Sayama potato throwing back in the UWF days however it just ends up with Yaguchi getting caught in a neck-crank for a few seconds before spending yet another eternity laying on the mat.

There's nothing more surreal in wrestling than seeing a fairly overweight trashy indie guy getting dragged to his feet by Survival Tobita while another guy in purple with Joker makeup cuts a promo with maybe 3 people at best getting a chant going. It doesn't go to plan and Yaguchi spends the next five minutes just gagging on the mat endlessly. He finally gets up and very very slowly starts to throw strikes, but these strikes are ass and even worse than before. Keita looks depressed. Grapple more. Yaguchi falls after getting caught in a front face lock. Yano grabs a arm and tries for something, Yaguchi doesn't give a inch and the time limit draw sounds. I'm honestly not even sure what this was going to be in the first place; the first half at least seemed somewhat planned, but then Yaguchi just dies after a couple of fairly tame knee strikes and he's never the same until the end due to whatever happens to him. Elaborate art-piece, or crappy wrestling match due to nonsense? You be the judge. Even three months on I still don't get what this was trying to be and that scares me a little bit.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2013-12-29-Pro Wrestling Wallabee- Wallabee Show Down] Ichiro Yaguchi vs Keita Yano