Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-10-30-JAPW-Halloween Hell 2004] CM Punk vs Low Ki

ohtani's jacket

Man, CM Punk is getting good. I know I bagged him a bit in the Homicide match, but aside from that, he has three strong performances for the month of October. He was too well-respected in the indie scene to be in contention for Most Improved in the WON awards, but I see his name there in the honorable mentions, so I'm not alone in my thinking. Would definitely make my ballot along with the likes of Randy Orton and Averno. Oddly, it was Joe who finished in the top 5 whereas I would definitely have Joe above Punk heading into the year. 

What I liked about this match is that it was mostly built around Low Ki's strong style thug gimmick yet was still a really good match. These guys were perfectly capable of working an indie workrate respect match, but they showed here that they could do the storyline stuff just as effectively. And still work stiff. I like Low Ki's old gimmick better, but he hasn't been doing much Stateside lately, so hopefully it helps him get back in the mix.