Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-01-07-CMLL] Atlantis & Blue Panther & Mistico vs Rey Bucanero & Tarzan Boy & Olimpico

This was a really good match. It even had a lengthy opening mat exchange between Blue Panther and Tarzan Boy which reminded me that I'm not crazy and that Tarzan Boy developed into an excellent worker from 2000-2005. The rest of the bout was full of smart lucha exchanges. Atlantis continued his long-running rivalry with Rey Bucanero and Mistico was given some showcase moments. The finish was screwy but in a way that actually worked and made the rudos look clever. The trios set up a tag title match between Atlantis & Panther and Olimpico & Bucanero. I had no idea Atlantis & Panther were the tag champions at the time as for the some reason their title win didn't air on television (or is unavailable on tape in the US -- the broadcasts were a bit sketchy around this time.) Hopefully, the title match continues the good vibes from this trios.