Pro Wrestling Only

[2024-01-18-TNA-Impact] Will Ospreay vs Josh Alexander

Tenese Sarwieh

In a highly anticipated showdown, Alexander and Ospreay engaged in an exhilarating back-and-forth match, showcasing their unwavering commitment and delivering a performance that surpassed their previous encounter. This time, they elevated the intensity with table spot, ramp spot, and poisonranas. The conclusion put over Alexander strongly and marked the first outstanding match for TNA in 2024.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit the bullet and tried watching this one. Ospreay no-selling his back once hitting the Tiger Driver on the outside was more egregious than usual for him. Alexander collapsing on the mat before the match had even hit the half-way point gave me more cause for concern. By the time they reach the ramp for another spot that won't matter, I was reminded of how transparent a lot of the big matches inspired by Okada had become, especially if they feature Ospreay. Most of the time I was just calling what move I expected them to go for and was right almost every time. As much as I'd like to pat myself on the back for it, it's really not at all hard when wrestling has become as homogenized as it is now.