Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-03-03-IWRG] Black Tiger & Scorpio Jr & Universo 2000 vs Blue Panther & Mascara Sagrada & Blue Demon Jr

You look at a match listing like this and you hope for an extended sequence between Blue Panther and Black Tiger. That's something you instinctively learn to do as a lucha fan.  Unlike other styles of wrestling where your forefathers have already critiqued every match under the sun, lucha remains this Wild West where a random IWRG match could have ammo to add to your case for such and such a wrestler being the greatest of all time or a complete dud. It's fun, but it can also be infuriating. Here, I didn't get anything close to the performance I wanted to see from Panther, but I did see him work fairly effectively as the lead face-in-peril for the tecnico side, which isn't something I'd regard as a strength of Blue Panther, but he was trying to turn this into something more than the sum of its parts. So he gets brownie points for this if I can remember to give them to him.