Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-04-03-GAEA-Yokohama Final Impact] Meiko Satomura vs Aja Kong

GAEA was closing so why not put on one final rendition of the feud that defined the promotion for so many fans? It's been an age since I've watched either of these women wrestle, and even longer since I've seen them square off against each other. I'm sure the law of diminishing returns applies if you watch their matches back-to-back-to back, but I was excited for one last hurrah. I recommend watching the full length version of the match instead of the GAORA cut even if the full match has poor sound quality and no commentary. The match has a weird dynamic in that Aja is the challenger for a belt that's future seems uncertain. The bout is OK, but the decision to put Aja over Satomura is baffling considering that Satomura  is supposed to be Chigusa's protégé. The championship is deactivated on the final GAEA show, so perhaps they were trying to bring things full circle, but this wasn't a patch on their earlier matches.