Pro Wrestling Only

[1976-01-29-NJPW] Antonio Inoki vs Tiger Jeet Singh

Antonio Inoki vs Tiger Jeet Singh - NJPW 1/29/76

These two have seemingly bottomless amount of matches together. Singh is just not very good at the wild man brawler act. I thought this was better than the match from earlier in the month because it was more heated in the back half. Lots of stalling and grandstanding early. Sing h is fucking around with the sword & twitching. Inoki cuts a promo. First half of the match is worked clean. Inoki works a top wristlock into a short arm scissors. Butterfly Suplex by Inoki. Singh is complaining to ref in the corner so Inoki tags him a couple times. Singh bodyslams Inoki over the top rope to the floor and here we go. Chairshots and jabs. A lot of choking. Not a little bit. A lot bit. Singh draws blood first works the cut. Inoki starts firing off DROPKICKs, one blasts Singh off the apron. Inoki gets his measure if revenge making Singh bleed and working the cut. They both tumble to the outside on an Octopus Stretch. Singh drops Inoki balls first on the top rope twice. Second time the ref starts wailing on Singh which pops me! So Singh pops the ref. Let’s fucking go! Singh crowns the red with a chair oh shit! This is sick. Melee ensues and Sakaguchi sends Singh packing. Way better ending than the last one. I’m a sucker for red violence. ***1/4