Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-04-15-CMLL] Negro Casas & Felino & Heavy Metal vs Halloween & Damian 666 & Blue Demon Jr

This was so much fun. The match marked Casas' 25th anniversary as a wrestler. He received all sorts of bouquets and plaques and had a parade of guests including his wife and mother. The rudos brought a gift to the ring which looked suspiciously like one of Damian's pool cues, and while Halloween serenaded Casas with a song, Damian attacked him with their gift. What followed was a solid, energetic bout. The Casas brothers were an awesome trio unit, and my love for Halloween and Damian is well documented. I was glad to see they gave Casas something to do and his exchanges with Halloween were awesome. I didn't expect to see Blue Demon on the rudo team. If I knew anything about him turning rudo during this era, I've long since forgotten it. However, I was pleasantly surprised by good he looked. I don't usually have a lot of good things to say about Blue Demon Jr, but he was excellent here. The finish to the match saw a DQ where the rudos laid Casas out in a dangerous way and he did the stretcher spot that's been done to death ever since Atlantis was stretched off for real. Heavy Metal was fired up about his brother being injured and Demon flashed him some mock crying gestures that were quite possibly the best thing I've seen him do. Perro Jr showed up at the end cutting a promo like he was the Final Boss. Great TV match.