Pro Wrestling Only

Maxim article on Benoit murders

Bix

1. How was Benoit able to pass drug tests while receiving a 10-month supply of steroids every 3-4 weeks?

Probably because of the Loophole. Wasn't Astin the one that gave him a prescription.

Right. The issue is how the amount could have been deemed legitimate by a sane medical professional.

Meanwhile, this may have to do with the "85 year-old man with Alzheimers" claim:

We also have notes on concussion expert Dr. Julian Bailes clarifying the statements about the shape of the brain of Chris Benoit, which he believes have been misinterpreted in a way where people then have ignored significant issues.

I do think WWE is to blame for paying tribute to him on television when they knew he murdered Nancy and Daniel, having Jerry McDevitt and Chris Jericho spread false rumors through the media of Daniel having Fragile X Syndrome

Did we ever get an official answer on either one of those? I remember a lot of arguing back and forth, but don't recall if we ever definitively found out if they knew Benoit killed them before they ran the tribute show (and if they did, why would they handle it that way, knowing they'd come out looking like shit mere hours later) or if Daniel had FXS (and if he didn't, why would they make something like that up?).

I do think WWE is to blame for paying tribute to him on television when they knew he murdered Nancy and Daniel, having Jerry McDevitt and Chris Jericho spread false rumors through the media of Daniel having Fragile X Syndrome

Did we ever get an official answer on either one of those? I remember a lot of arguing back and forth, but don't recall if we ever definitively found out if they knew Benoit killed them before they ran the tribute show (and if they did, why would they handle it that way, knowing they'd come out looking like shit mere hours later)
We did. They knew at least as of 6 PM EST/3 PM PST, 2 hours before the show, when a high-ranking WWE executive told Meltzer that it was what the police had determined. The belief is that nobody seemed to think it was the truth and that's why they ran the show, which was ridiculously idiotic but mildly excusable. Less excusable is the fact that they lied about it after the fact.

or if Daniel had FXS (and if he didn't, why would they make something like that up?).

Irvin Muchnick wrote a very good piece about the Fragile X component of the story.

I'm not sure if WWE planted it from the beginning, but what we know does point in that direction. If someone made it up completely (and Daniel didn't actually have it), they had to have the knowledge that Daniel's physical features and personality fit with the diagnosis, which does suggest WWE involvement. Pam Winthrope, as the parent of a child with Fragile X, would most likely not have made up the story herself, and presumably the same goes for her late husband who claimed to have spoken with Benoit about the issue after hearing that Daniel had it via the Fragile X community, but Benoit telling anyone contradicts everything else we've heard since the murders, so really, I have no idea what to think of that specifically. She refuses to say how the original report came about, if she approached News1130 or vice-versa, making things even more suspicious.