Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

Recommended Posts

Posted

WWE US Champion John Cena vs Cesaro - WWE RAW 7/6/15

Im back baby! Work has been brutal since July 4th but now I’m on Paternity Leave which ironically may be even harder to write these. Trialing carving out the first nap on the treadmill to watch & write in 45mins. I only got 11 minutes left LETS GO!

This is the second part of the famous two match series between Cena and Cesaro for the US Title during Cena’s US OPEN Challenge. Cena is deep in the throes of the Kevin Owens where he has been corrupted and sold out to the PWG Indy style of high spot spamming galore. This match doesnt hold up as well as I remember it. I remember watching this live and loving but now I enjoyed it but found myself wanting more. 
 

These are two of the best power wrestlers of all time and they show off their freaky power in cool ways. Like Cesaro doing a suplex squat and Cena doing a sit up into the DDT while in a Giant Swing. As a power wrestling fan I dug it. I thought the match got a lot better after the second commercial break. Before that it was just trading random moves. After the second commercial break, this is one of the best “Cutoff Cena’s Comrback Sequences” I have ever seen. I am not going to go blow by blow but each Cena spot Cesaro had an answer for and then Cena figured out how to finagle Cesaro back into the appropriate position. The Five Knuckle Shuffle was so well-earned I popped for it. Even the top rope leg drop was also well-earned. 
 

So what was my major malfunction. I watched a lot of 2005/6 Cena in June of this year. He was missing that raw-ness that I’ll tackle you out of nowhere or I will take your head off with a meat hook clothesline. This match was too pretty. Like I was watching ballet. I love a cutoff well-scouted match but it was too neat and tidy. Everyone just getting into the right spot. The high spots were earned but not struggled for. It was all too symbolic. It wasn’t felt. It looked good on a piece of paper but they stage blocked it instead of meteing out violence and willpower. It gets my turn your turn down the stretch. The Kevin Owens stench of high spot after high spot poisons the match But all in all it is an entertaining spot fest with enough freaky deaky power spots to keep me engaged. At least KO gets bitched out twice once by Cesaro telling him to scram and he puts up no fight and he tries to attack Cena but Cena stuffs him with an FU. Chump. *** 3/4 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...