Pro Wrestling Only

20 Years Ago - WON 06/27/88

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Oh that's just awful. And hey look, Schneider's reading this at the same time as me, and probably for the same reason: the everpresent hope that Loss posts another one of these things. His writeups are strong enough to make us click the Most Recent New Post linky thing right there on the front page, not even waiting to click on the folder itself first. And when we get here, our hopes are dashed for a joke like this? My reaction is one half "great shame upon your family unto seven generations" and the American Dad line "Sixteen hours on a plane for a bad pun?! ...yes."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest Andrews

On a side note, does anyone else think WWE could have gotten some mileage out of a scaffold match between Edge/Christian and the Hardys in 2000? I know those matches usually suck, but most of the fans watching in 2000 had probably never seen one before and I think WWF could have built up sufficient intrigue to get people interested in it as a PPV match. I'd think Edge and Christian would have to win, since the huge bumps were Matt and Jeff's domain. And while the scaffold bump is certainly dangerous, it would only be one bump compared to the many they would take in a TLC match. I'm thinking that should have been the tag title match at Summerslam 2000 instead of the three-way with the Dudleys.

Shane O Mac had that covered on said event. Big time.